December is a really busy time of the year for me, so I use what I’ve learned about cooking quick and easy meals to the fullest during this time. I cook only for myself, so it’s easy to divide it for 2-3 days and always have a meal ready to heat up in the fridge when I don’t have the time or energy to cook.
Cooking at home is something I struggled with in the past. I thought I couldn’t cook and if I did, it wouldn’t be as tasty as readymade food. I was wrong. Also, after I moved to the place I live now, it takes less time to actually prepare something on my own than go somewhere to get take away or eat at fast food restaurants.
My choices are a bit limited though, because I don’t have an oven. Anyway, let’s get to the promised recipe.
Pasta with chicken and spinach is one of those quick healthy meals, so I thought I would share a recipe for it. I’ve added some extra ingredients like carrots and feta to original recipe and it tastes really good!
- whole grain pasta
- chicken breast
- sweet red pepper
- salt, pepper and provence herbs
1. Cook whole grain pasta according to the instructions on its packaging.
2. Fry chicken breast on the pan with a little bit of oil (you can also use olive oil), add salt, pepper and provence herbs while frying and mix it.
3. Add spinach. If you have a small pan like me, you can divide it into smaller portions and add it on the pan after previous one shrank. It makes entire process easier.
4. Add red pepper, carrots and yogurt. Mix everything together and cover the pan with the lid. Remember to stir it once in a while.
5. At the end of cooking add feta. It’s optional. I happened to have a pack of feta in the fridge that I wouldn’t use otherwise and I didn’t want it to go bad. I really liked it in this dish though.
6. Mix pasta with ingredients from the pan. Voilà, your quick and easy dinner is ready, enjoy! 😊